2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS
In an ever-more-crowded field of luxury SUVs, treat yourself to some room. The all-new GLS is more spacious, more aerodynamic, and wraps class-leading innovations in style that’s bold yet elegant. The SUV leader offers an even more comfortable lead.
Its muscles are taut. Its accommodations, grander than ever.
With a longer wheelbase for more legroom and an even smoother ride, the new GLS lets you live large without the bulky driving experience. It’s chiseled and muscular, yet polished and agile. 100% LED lighting adds to its brilliance.
A digital cockpit with a human touch.
High-resolution widescreen displays and perhaps the industry’s most advanced visual, voice and touch interfaces make the GLS feel quickly like second nature. Exquisite craftsmanship envelops you in timeless luxury that touches all your senses.
First class amenities. Even in the third row.
From 64 colors of ambient lighting to power 2nd-row seats, the GLS lets everyone in on the Star treatment. Available luxuries include four ventilated and massaging seats, heated 3rd-row seats, and 5-zone climate control.
The GLS offers truly luxurious seating for seven adults, standard. A 6-seater layout with power 2nd-row captain’s chairs is a no-charge option. Two sumptuous new Executive Seating Packages can make the rear cabin even more accommodating.
Express your desires: MBUX listens. And your GLS responds.
Using Artificial Intelligence, MBUX can turn your words into your GLS’s action. Just say “Hey, Mercedes, it’s cold in here” or “I need a coffee,” and MBUX can warm the cabin or set the standard MB Navigation. It can even learn your habits, and new phrases.
Give your senses a fresh new sense of luxury.
Available new ENERGIZING Comfort networks front-seat heating, ventilation and massage with ambient light and sound to help rejuvenate your body and spirit as you drive. Ionizer-purified air can be subtly infused with fragrance. It’s a sensation for every sense.
Even without a trailer, it’s a leader.
A big 7,700-lb towing capacity is just one of the GLS’s superhuman abilities. Available new tech lets it spot a traffic jam and negotiate it hands-free up to 37 mph. Change lanes with the tap of a turn signal. Or help protect your ears in a crash.   
Your car, virtually in your pocket. Your next move, shown for real.
Mercedes me connect puts a world of remote features, from starting to locking its doors to scheduling service, in a handy smartphone app. And available augmented video can overlay your next navigation instruction on a live view of the turn itself.  
GLS capability has many dimensions, but they all aim to outmeasure any other large luxury SUV. Rigid standards create a flexible vehicle that’s spacious yet agile. At home on a trail, with a trailer, or coddling you in its fine tailoring.
A welcome change from other SUVs.
Born to be a luxury SUV, not from a pickup truck, the GLS independent air suspension helps the roomy third row offer first-rate comfort. The standard power second row, available to seat two or three, also helps make 3rd-row access easy.
The pinnacle of SUVs, more than ever.
The new Executive Rear Seating Package treats 2nd-row passengers to exclusive luxuries from headrest pillows to a wireless tablet to control rear-cabin comfort features. A second tier of the package adds ventilated and massaging 2nd-row seats.
Charging forward: One turbo or two, with an electric boost.
Both the 362-hp GLS 450 turbo inline-6 and the GLS 580’s 483-hp biturbo V8 offer advanced tech and abundant torque. Now with EQ Boost electrification, their Integrated Starter-Generator can also add 21 hp, or allow gas-free coasting and lower emissions.
Faster flexibility: The quick-shifting 9G-TRONIC.
With nine speeds, the advanced 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission offers a versatile range of ratios, for quick response and efficient, quiet cruising. Fingertip shift paddles and the modes of DYNAMIC SELECT let you take charge anytime.
Depth of character: Evident on every surface.
With standard multimode, height-adjusting AIRMATIC® suspension and fully variable 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, the GLS puts its best foot forward even as seasons and surfaces challenge it. Available new E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL can camera-scan the road ahead, lean into curves, and even rock you out of a sand trap.
- Vehicle may not be exactly as shown.
- As a concept car, the designs, features, etc. are subject to change.
- Lower-aspect-ratio tires and accompanying wheels provide substantially increased treadwear, increased tire noise and reduced ride comfort. Serious wheel and tire damage may occur if the vehicle is operated on rough or damaged road surfaces or upon encountering road debris or obstacles. These tires are not designed for use on snow and ice. Winter tires mounted on appropriately sized and approved wheels are recommended for driving in those conditions.
- Read Operator’s Manual before towing. In some states, aftermarket trailer brakes are required. See dealer for details.
- Some systems are optional. Even the most advanced safety systems may not be sufficient to avoid an accident. It is the driver’s responsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other driving inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for system alerts before braking or taking evasive action, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance. See Operator’s Manual for system operating speeds and additional information and warnings.
- Audio/multimedia system must be turned on for system to operate.
- All Mercedes me services operate only where cellular and GPS signals are available, which are provided by third parties and not within the control of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. Mercedes me connect Assist Services, and 3 years of Mercedes me connect services are Included at no additional charge with new-vehicle sales and leases at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Models with COMAND® navigation also include 3 years of map updates, 1 year of Concierge Service, and a 1-month trial (up to 1GB) of in-vehicle WiFi and streaming audio. Subscriber Agreement is required for service to be active. Some services are only available on select vehicles. Your PIN is required to use certain services. Connection may be limited by cellular signal and other factors. Features may be introduced and updated at varying dates, and may also require a vehicle software update. Some services may be limited or restricted in some areas. Driver is responsible for complying with traffic and other laws. See your dealer or MBUSA.com/mercedesme for details.
- While the navigation system provides directional assistance, the driver must remain focused on safe driving behavior, including paying attention to traffic and street signs. The driver should utilize the system’s audio cues while driving and should only consult the map or visual displays once the vehicle has been stopped in a safe place. Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area, may require periodic updating, and may not reflect recent or temporary changes to roadways.