2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE
The luxury SUV that started the segment once again leads the way. Roomier, with a 3-inch-longer wheelbase, it’s also more agile and aerodynamic. And from LED headlamps to a bold yet elegant cabin, it wraps first-in-class tech in finely tailored style.
Destruction is not the end. It’s a beginning. The vision to create what has never existed. Destruction wipes the slate clean and moves forward. Destruction can be beautiful. Because destruction helps keep us safe. Behind every beautiful car is a beautiful idea.
Function in its finest form.
Attention to aerodynamic detail helps make the GLE more spacious and more sleek. Subtle spoilers ahead of each tire, around the rear window and built into the tail lamps reduce noise and fuel consumption without spoiling the good looks.
Ambience that glows with the flow.
Beautiful by day, the GLE cabin grows even more captivating when night falls. Available 64-color LED ambient lighting lets you create an atmosphere to suit your mood. You can even call up motifs that use multiple hues together or in dynamic sequence.
Countless touches to reward your touch.
Fully digital instruments visually float on a linear-themed dash. Flowing door-to-door and into a console integrating prominent twin grab handles, the wide trim insert is available in any of five woods, sleek aluminum, or woven metal.
More room, and room for more.
A new 3rd-row seating option raises GLE to a seven-seater. The package includes 6-way power-adjustment of the more spacious second row for comfort, plus power-folding of its outer seatbacks for easier 3rd-row entry and exit.
The Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) is high tech with a human side. Speak naturally, and it listens, learns, and helps by controlling features or finding destinations. An available Interior Assistant can even respond as you reach or gesture.
Talk like you always do. It’ll respond like never before.
Using Artificial Intelligence, MBUX can turn your words into your GLE’s action. Just say “Hey, Mercedes, it’s cold in here” or “I need a coffee,” and MBUX can warm the cabin or set the standard MB Navigation. It can even learn your habits, and new phrases. 
Pinch the touchscreen. Swipe on the wheel. Or handwrite on the console.
A 12.3-inch touchscreen, console touchpad, and steering-wheel Touch Controls give you input choice beyond your voice. MB Navigation’s augmented reality option shows live video of where to turn. And Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto are standard as well.  
Refresh your body. And freshen the cabin.
Available new ENERGIZING Comfort networks seat heating, ventilation and massage with ambient light and sound to help rejuvenate your body and spirit as you drive. Ionizer-purified air can be subtly infused with fragrance. It’s a sensation for every sense.
Keep your GLE in your pocket. Give your passengers the world.
Mercedes me connect makes ownership easy. Access Remote Start or Lock/Unlock, see your vehicle status, or schedule service, all from your phone. And when you’re on the road, in-car WiFi for up to eight devices is available for a low monthly rate. 
Go with the flow. Even when traffic doesn’t.
With available new technology, a GLE can spot a traffic jam ahead, slow gracefully, and help negotiate it hands-free up to 37 mph. It can change lanes with a tap of the turn signal. And help make driving easier and safer in many more ways. 
Countless SUV firsts came to market with the GLE’s previous generations. For 2020, the GLE’s new advancements in performance, efficiency, handling and capability aim to benefit future generations. All while inspiring drivers in the here and now.
Turbocharged torque, and an electric enhancement.
A new 255-hp turbo engine powers the GLE 350. The GLE 450’s 362-hp turbo inline-6 and the 483-hp GLE 580 biturbo V8 are also electrified: Their EQ Boost Integrated Starter-Generator can seamlessly generate 21 hp yet allow gas-free coasting and lower emissions.
9G-TRONIC: The fast and the flexible.
With nine speeds, the advanced 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission offers a versatile range of ratios, for quick response and efficient, quiet cruising. Fingertip shift paddles and the modes of DYNAMIC SELECT let you take charge anytime.
Multiple modes for different roads.
DYNAMIC SELECT lets you alter the performance character of your GLE just by tapping a console switch. Driving modes from ECO to Sport to custom Individual vary the throttle feel, shifting, suspension options and more to suit the conditions.
Action from all the wheels.
Agile, efficient 4MATIC® adds all-wheel driving confidence from slippery roads to dry corners. To help turn grip into go, the GLE 350 4MATIC® splits the engine’s torque 50:50 front/rear. The GLE 450 and GLE 580 can vary the torque from 0 to 100%. 
A leap ahead in handling. And for handling adversity.
New for the GLE 450 and GLE 580, optional E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL can control the spring and damping forces, as well as the ride height, individually at each wheel. It can also scan the road ahead, lean into curves, and even rock itself out of a sand trap. 
- Vehicle may not be exactly as shown.
- As a concept car, the designs, features, etc. are subject to change.
- While the navigation system provides directional assistance, the driver must remain focused on safe driving behavior, including paying attention to traffic and street signs. The driver should utilize the system’s audio cues while driving and should only consult the map or visual displays once the vehicle has been stopped in a safe place. Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area, may require periodic updating, and may not reflect recent or temporary changes to roadways.
- Apple CarPlay™ is a product of Apple Inc. Android Auto is a product of Google Inc. Device and app providers’ terms and privacy statements apply. Requires connected compatible device and data plan. Apps, content and features are selected solely by their providers. Connection to apps and streaming services may be limited by the device’s network connection. Data usage is routed through device and subject to fees, charges and restrictions in user’s wireless plan. Vehicle’s factory audio/information interface, including COMAND® navigation, may not be used simultaneously with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. When Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is in use, the steering-wheel voice control button accesses Siri® or Google voice recognition software for voice commands.
- All Mercedes me services operate only where cellular and GPS signals are available, which are provided by third parties and not within the control of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. Mercedes me connect Assist Services, and 3 years of Mercedes me connect services are Included at no additional charge with new-vehicle sales and leases at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Models with COMAND® navigation also include 3 years of map updates, 1 year of Concierge Service, and a 1-month trial (up to 1GB) of in-vehicle WiFi and streaming audio. Subscriber Agreement is required for service to be active. Some services are only available on select vehicles. Your PIN is required to use certain services. Connection may be limited by cellular signal and other factors. Features may be introduced and updated at varying dates, and may also require a vehicle software update. Some services may be limited or restricted in some areas. Driver is responsible for complying with traffic and other laws. See your dealer or MBUSA.com/mercedesme for details.
- Some systems are optional. Even the most advanced safety systems may not be sufficient to avoid an accident. It is the driver’s responsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other driving inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for system alerts before braking or taking evasive action, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance. See Operator’s Manual for system operating speeds and additional information and warnings.
- No system, regardless of how advanced, can overcome the laws of physics or correct careless driving. Please always wear your seat belt. Performance is limited by available traction, which snow, ice and other conditions can affect. Always drive carefully, consistent with conditions. Best performance in snow is obtained with winter tires.
- Off-road driving should only be attempted by drivers with the necessary skill, experience and understanding of the vehicle’s limits. Read Operator’s Manual before driving off-road.