2020 Mercedes-Benz CLA
It’s the second generation of a seductive original. Its four-door coupe style whispers seductively in your ear. Its industry-advancing voice assistant lets you talk back. And from performance to driver assists, it responds even more eloquently.
Fashion leans further forward. And sends every other car back.
Lean muscle leads the way forward from the clutter of other cars. Sleek LED headlamps and a twin-power-dome hood sweep back from the sharknose grille, clearing the way for a profile that slices the wind and a Panorama roof that embraces the sky.
All-digital cockpit. That responds to your digits.
Freestanding digital instrumentation anchors a wraparound cockpit with a central touchscreen and available reconfigurable gauges. Enticing options include 64-color LED ambient lighting, and heated and ventilated front seats.
The CLA 250 goes like it shows. A new-generation 221-hp turbo inline-4 efficiently boosts power and torque. And its 4-wheel independent suspension is crisp in corners, composed in the city.
Seven speeds, dual clutches, no clutch pedal.
The dual-clutch 7-speed keeps the turbo engine’s torque on tap. Automatic shifts are smoother yet quicker. Standard shift paddles put manual control at your fingertips anytime the mood strikes.
Three modes, for your driving moods.
DYNAMIC SELECT lets you fine-tune your CLA with the tap of a console paddle. Four modes vary shift points, throttle response, steering feel and more: easygoing ECO, cool-headed Comfort, sharpened Sport, and make-your-own Individual.
All wheels in, for all-season control.
Variable-torque 4MATIC® all-wheel drive can send power from the front to the rear wheels of the CLA 250 4MATIC® in response to available traction. More than a winter wonder, its lightweight, agile design enhances cornering even on a dry summer day. 
The CLA cockpit responds to you with its natural voice assistant and three touch interfaces: screen, steering wheel and console. The Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) might be the most capable and intuitive speech interface from any automaker.
Say what you want: Your CLA listens, and responds.
MBUX is easy to learn because it can learn you. Just say “Hey, Mercedes, it’s cold in here” or “I need a coffee,” and it can control many cabin features. Among them is the available MB-Navigation that can overlay instructions on live video of a turn.  
Stay in touch: A smartphone app and WiFi keep you connected.
Mercedes me connect makes ownership easy. Access Remote Start or Lock/Unlock, see your vehicle status, or schedule service, all from your phone. And in-car WiFi for up to eight devices is available for a low monthly rate. 
Stay in charge: Everyone gets a port, or charge wire-free.
In addition to standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto, five USB-C ports mean there’s a plug for every passenger. Available wireless charging lets you refuel your compatible phone’s battery as you drive.  
Stay the course: Advanced driver assists smooth any journey.
Next-generation assists are available to help de-stress driving: Change lanes with a tap of a turn signal. Adaptive cruise can help steer, stop-and-go in traffic, even slow for an offramp. Safety sensors can help protect your hearing before a crash. 
- Vehicle may not be exactly as shown.
- As a concept car, the designs, features, etc. are subject to change.
- Lower-aspect-ratio tires and accompanying wheels provide substantially increased treadwear, increased tire noise and reduced ride comfort. Serious wheel and tire damage may occur if the vehicle is operated on rough or damaged road surfaces or upon encountering road debris or obstacles. These tires are not designed for use on snow and ice. Winter tires mounted on appropriately sized and approved wheels are recommended for driving in those conditions.
- No system, regardless of how advanced, can overcome the laws of physics or correct careless driving. Please always wear your seat belt. Performance is limited by available traction, which snow, ice and other conditions can affect. Always drive carefully, consistent with conditions. Best performance in snow is obtained with winter tires.
- While the navigation system provides directional assistance, the driver must remain focused on safe driving behavior, including paying attention to traffic and street signs. The driver should utilize the system’s audio cues while driving and should only consult the map or visual displays once the vehicle has been stopped in a safe place. Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area, may require periodic updating, and may not reflect recent or temporary changes to roadways.
- Apple CarPlay™ is a product of Apple Inc. Android Auto is a product of Google Inc. Device and app providers’ terms and privacy statements apply. Requires connected compatible device and data plan. Apps, content and features are selected solely by their providers. Connection to apps and streaming services may be limited by the device’s network connection. Data usage is routed through device and subject to fees, charges and restrictions in user’s wireless plan. Vehicle’s factory audio/information interface, including COMAND® navigation, may not be used simultaneously with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. When Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is in use, the steering-wheel voice control button accesses Siri® or Google voice recognition software for voice commands.
- All Mercedes me services operate only where cellular and GPS signals are available, which are provided by third parties and not within the control of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. Mercedes me connect Assist Services, and 3 years of Mercedes me connect services are Included at no additional charge with new-vehicle sales and leases at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Models with COMAND® navigation also include 3 years of map updates, 1 year of Concierge Service, and a 1-month trial (up to 1GB) of in-vehicle WiFi and streaming audio. Subscriber Agreement is required for service to be active. Some services are only available on select vehicles. Your PIN is required to use certain services. Connection may be limited by cellular signal and other factors. Features may be introduced and updated at varying dates, and may also require a vehicle software update. Some services may be limited or restricted in some areas. Driver is responsible for complying with traffic and other laws. See your dealer or MBUSA.com/mercedesme for details.
- Wireless charging and NFC pairing available only for devices with compatible technology and size. See Operator’s Manual for more information. Devices sold separately.
- An adapter is required to connect USB-A devices. One adapter is provided with the vehicle.
- Some systems are optional. Even the most advanced safety systems may not be sufficient to avoid an accident. It is the driver’s responsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other driving inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for system alerts before braking or taking evasive action, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance. See Operator’s Manual for system operating speeds and additional information and warnings.